The IB SL Flipping Maths Videos are grouped into:
1) Algebra: geometric and arithmetic sequences and series, binomial expansion, log laws and rearrangements, natural log and e.
2) Functions: Finding domains and inverses, function notation and inverses, vertical asymptotes, solving quadratics using the determinant, basic transformations and sketching quadratics.
3) Trigonometry: Sine and cosine rules, converting between radians and degrees, remembering the unit circle sketching trig graphs, using trig formulae, solving trig equations using factorisation.
4) Vectors: Dot products, unit vectors, magnitudes, vector equations of lines, checking if lines intersect, shortest distance from a point to a line.
5a) Probability and Stats 1: Finding the mean from grouped data, finding the median from cumulative frequency curves, introduction to standard deviation, correlation, Pearson’s Product Moment
5b) Probabilty and Stats 2: Normal distribution – finding probabilities and z values, Bayes theorem, binomial distribution, expected values.
6a) Calculus 1: Differentiation rules – chain rule, product rule, quotient rule. Optimisation, classifying stationary points, kinematics, equation of tangents.
6b) Calculus 2: integration rules, definite integrals, areas between curves, volume of revolutions.
7) Revision Videos: A fantastic collection of detailed videos on each topic in SL maths. Algebra, Functions, Probability and Statistics, Trigonometry, Vectors and Calculus reviewed in depth (each video is about 40 minutes and goes through all core content with worked examples). There’s also a comprehensive GDC review of all techniques needed for the paper 2 calculator exam. Also useful for HL students – you need to know all this as well!