I’ve created a number of playlists – which should cover nearly all of the key content that you need for HL Maths. Used alongside a good textbook these should allow you to both prepare for lessons and review them afterwards. Each playlist has a mixture of lesson content and also worked solutions for past paper style questions.
The IB HL Flipping Maths Videos are grouped into:
1a) Geometric and arithmetic sequences and series, binomial expansion, permutations, induction, logs:
1b) Complex numbers – DeMoivre’s Theorem, converting between polar and Cartesian, sketching complex numbers, solving nth roots, equating real and imaginary parts of equations:
2) Finding vertical and horizontal asymptotes, domains, absolute values of graphs, factor and remainder theorem, solving quadratics using the determinant, inverse functions:
3) Converting between radians and degrees, sketching trig graphs, using trig formulae, sketching inverse trig functions, solving trig equations using factorisation.
4) Dot products, cross products, unit vectors, parametric equations. Vector equations of lines, planes, intersection of a line and a plane, intersection of 2 planes.
Probability and Stats
5) Basic probability, bayes Theorem, binomial distribution, introduction to standard deviation, Poisson distribution, Normal distribution – finding probabilities and z values, permutations
6a) Differentiation rules – chain, product, quotient. Optimisation, implicit differentiation, rates of change, equation of tangents.
6b) Integration rules, definite integrals, areas between curves, volume of revolutions, trig substitutions, integration by parts, u substitutions.
7) Option Paper
Calculus Option Part 1:
Limits, limits at infinity, determining if limits exist, differentiating from first principles, L’Hopital’s Rule, Squeeze theorem, Rolle’s theorem, Mean Value theorem.
Calculus Option Part 2:
differential equations, solving differential equations through separating variables, substitution and integrating factor, sketching slope fields.
Calculus Option Part 3:
Improper integrals, Comparison test, Riemann sums, divergence test, comparison test, limit comparison test, alternating series test, absolute convergence, power series, Ratio test.
Calculus Option Part 4:
Power series, Taylor and Maclaurin series,
*this may need updating as the syllabus is a little different now*
8) Revision Videos: A fantastic collection of detailed videos on each topic specifically made for SL maths- but also useful for HL students – you need to know all this as well! Algebra, Functions, Probability and Statistics, Trigonometry, Vectors and Calculus reviewed in depth (each video is about 40 minutes and goes through all core content with worked examples). There’s also a comprehensive GDC review of all techniques needed for the paper 2 calculator exam.